||The methods and techniques of leadership and supervision and their applications are emphasized in this course. The content covers such topics as delegation, motivation, training, orienting, evaluating and effectively increasing productivity.
- Explain the history of management and its impact on current supervisory practices.
- Identify the skills and traits of effective supervisors.
- Demonstrate the importance of utilizing various channels of communication.
- Identify barriers to communication and demonstrate ways to overcome these barriers.
- Create self-awareness by demonstrating the ability to use a personal goal setting process.
- Identify, explain and acquire the skills to apply the five primary functions of supervision: planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling.
- Analyze the use of personality traits and how they can be used as a tool in effective management.
- Analyze and demonstrate the use of different supervision styles.
- Utilize the communication process in conflict management to enhance the human relationship process.
- Demonstrate how to use practical management tools such as the decision-making model, job-instruction process, and job-relations model.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a meeting.
- Identify the steps to effectively implement change.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines