||This course provides students with an introduction to several popular social media sites. Emphasis is on how to use social media platforms to successfully market your business and/or products. Special attention will be paid to when this type of marketing is most effective, how to select the most effective social media outlet for your particular target demographic and tracking results.
- Describe common characteristics of social networking and social media.
- Describe the relationship between mobile computing and social networking.
- Describe the five core social media tools.
- Evaluate how a person can use social media to build a personal brand.
- Assess how an organization or company can use social media to achieve its organizational goals.
- Increase fans/followers/connections with the "right" fans/followers/connections.
- Screen the application of social media tools that are used to obtain ethical PR objectives.
- Classify the ethical relationship between social media as it pertains to mass media and public relations practice.
- Recognize the range of stakeholders involved in social marketing programs and their role as target markets.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines