||This course introduces students to digital page layout using Adobe InDesign. This course is for anyone who has to prepare professional business publications. Students will learn how to set type and use digital images to produce effective printed business publications including newsletters, advertising flyers, business forms, brochures, manuals, posters and catalogs. Students will learn how to create and modify pdf files for electronic distribution of publications.
- Explore the difference between traditional publishing and desktop publishing.
- Discover basic tools of the software and incorporation of page layout techniques, typography skills, graphic manipulation, and page composition.
- Classify factors to consider when working with color, in-house printers and commercial print vendors.
- Produce web publishing in HTML and PDF formats.
- Develop thinking and organizational skills in writing, planning, producing business documents including newsletters, forms, brochures, manuals, web pages, and programs.
- Produce visuals and body text for publications for print and electronic distribution.
- Utilize use the tools of InDesign to create publications that fulfill a variety of specifications and needs for different business scenarios, incorporating appropriate graphic skills and techniques.
- Analyze factors impacting decisions regarding graphic production within the business environment.
- Critique mprovements for published documents using given criteria.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines