||This is a capstone course designed to be taken near the completion of the required marketing courses. This course is designed to integrate learning acquired in prior marketing courses with an emphasis on strategic marketing planning. This class will involve all aspects of developing a comprehensive marketing plan for a product or service. Students will work in teams to research, develop and present a marketing strategy for a new product.
- Analyze current marketing trends and opportunites.
- Develop a situational analysis.
- Apply appropriate segmentation techniques to define target markets.
- Conduct marketing research.
- Create a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Create appropriate marketing objectives.
- Develop strategies to establish market position.
- Develop product, price, distribution and promotion strategies.
- Create promotional samples that reflect an understanding of layout and design principles.
- Create implementation and control measurements.
- Demonstrate team managment skills by working effectively in a small group.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing a technical report.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral presentation skills.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines