||This class is designed to provide students with an opportunity to explore career paths in the business field while gaining practical work experience. Emphasis will be placed on tailoring the experience to enhance an individual student's professional and personal skills. This class is designed for maximum flexibility so the experience is meaningful for the student and of benefit to the participating business or organization. This experiential learning allows students to gain insight into one or more careers through job shadowing, service learning, volunteering, externships, event planning, work experience or a combination of these options. This class will include career exploration information as well as work experience to help students clarify their values, personal goals and career interests.
- Identify personal strengths and professional goals through a student learning agreement.
- Clarify a career path by completing a career assessment.
- Develop insight into a profession or industry through a business practicum experience.
- Apply management, marketing and sales decisions in an organizational setting.
- Apply problem solving skills in a work environment.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and professional ethical practices.
- Assess the business experience relative to career goals.
- Demonstrate effective business communication skills in a professional environment.
- Demonstrate effective use of information technology.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines