||This capstone course is designed to be taken near the completion of the required marketing courses. This course is designed to integrate learning acquired in prior marketing courses with an emphasis on strategic marketing planning. This class will involve all aspects of developing a comprehensive marketing plan for a product or service. Students will work in teams to research, develop and present a marketing strategy for a new product.
- Analyze current marketing trends and opportunities.
- Assess marketing opportunities and constraints by developing a situational analysis.
- Apply appropriate segmentation techniques to define target markets.
- Conduct marketing research to assess market needs, competitive and industry, political and legal, economic and socio-cultural factors affecting marketing decisions.
- Create appropriate marketing objectives.
- Analyze and develop strategies to establish market position and differentiate the product.
- Develop product strategies in consideration of product life cycle, product positioning, branding and product classification.
- Develop pricing strategies inclusive of pricing objectives, breakeven analysis, demand and psychological implications.
- Create distribution strategies considering multiple marketing channels and market coverage.
- Develop promotion strategies including promotional mix areas of personal selling, advertising, sales promotions and publicity.
- Design promotional samples that reflect an understanding of layout and design principles.
- Create implementation and control measurements.
- Demonstrate team management skills by working effectively in a small group.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing a technical report and oral presentation skills.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines