||The primary role of this capstone course is to provide students an opportunity to integrate the knowledge that they have acquired in program coursework into business situations. Emphasis will be on the integration of key concepts covered in marketing, management, business and communication courses. Students will apply managerial decision making by accessing a business opportunity and formulating strategies to improve the performance of an organization. This class requires students to make connections between ideas and experiences and to synthesize and transfer learning to new, complex business situations.
|| BUS2204 AND BUS2206 AND MKTG2204
- Analyze business problems and opportunities to formulate recommendations for courses of action.
- Analyze trends in the external environment that could affect management strategies.
- Develop strategies to achieve an organization's vision, mission and goals.
- Identify key value chain activities that provide a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core concepts of management, marketing and sales.
- Demonstrate research skills through finding, organizing, assessing and analyzing data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and presenting through a business report.
- Use technology to research, analyze and communicate business decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines