||This is an introductory course for Medical Laboratory Technician students covering the techniques, interpretation and correlation of results in chemistry, immunology and microbiology. Other topics included in the course are instrumentation, calculations, preparations of reagents, quality assurance and quality control, specimen collection, transportation, analysis and result reporting.
|| Assessment into or successful completion of ENGL 1101 or college level reading and writing equivalent.
- Compare and contrast and basic laboratory theories.
- Compare and contrast pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical variables associated with basic laboratory testing.
- Perform basic chemistry, immunology, and microbiology laboratory testing.
- Perform basic quality assurance and quality control testing.
- Interpret normal and abnormal test results.
- Demonstrate laboratory safety and use of Standard Precautions.
- Display interpersonal relationship skills with regard to courtesy and cooperating with fellow students and instructors.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines