||This is an introductory course for Medical Laboratory Technician students covering the techniques, interpretation and correlation of results in urinalysis, hematology, and immunohematology. Other topics included in the course are instrumentation, calculations, preparation of reagents, quality assurance and quality control, specimen collection, transportation, analysis and result reporting.
- Compare and contrast and basic laboratory theories.
- Compare and contrast pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical variables associated with basic laboratory testing.
- Perform basic urinalysis, hematology, and immunohematology laboratory testing.
- Perform basic quality assurance and quality control testing.
- Interpret normal and abnormal test results.
- Demonstrate laboratory safety and use of Standard Precautions.
- Display interpersonal relationship skills with regard to courtesy and cooperating with fellow students and instructors.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines