||This course provides a clinical experience in performing routine and special urinalysis and other body fluid analysis under the supervision of laboratory personnel.
- Describe proper patient identification, specimen labeling, transport, processing and storage of blood and body fluid samples.
- Perform urinalysis and other body fluid analyses meeting department competencies.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to clinical urinalysis.
- Evaluate patient urine and other body fluid specimens as acceptable or unacceptable for analysis.
- Correlate patient analytical test results with disease conditions.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines