||This course is a clinical experience related to the performance of microbiological testing under the supervision of laboratory personnel at an affiliate laboratory. This course provides further investigation and study of the methods and techniques related to urinalysis and body fluid testing.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory safety techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to urinalysis and other body fluid testing.
- Perform maintenance and calibration on urinalysis and body fluid analyzers and equipment.
- Perform urinalysis and body fluid laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot testing errors and unexpected test results.
- Evaluate specimens as acceptable or unacceptable for analysis.
- Correlate urinalysis and body fluid patient test results and theories with states of health and disease.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines