||This is a clinical experience course related to the performance of chemistry and immunology testing under the supervision of laboratory personnel at an affiliate hospital. This course provides further investigation and study of the methods and techniques related to chemistry and immunology testing.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory safety techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to chemistry and immunology testing.
- Perform maintenance and calibration on chemistry and immunology analyzers and equipment.
- Perform chemistry and immunology laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot testing errors and unexpected test results.
- Evaluate patient specimens as acceptable or unacceptable for analysis.
- Correlate chemistry and immunology patient test results and theories with states of health and disease.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines