||This course provides further instruction and study in the areas of hematology, phlebotomy and coagulation theory and technique. It provides the opportunity to integrate theory with practice since it is part of a supervised student experience at an affiliate health care laboratory under the supervision of qualified laboratory personnel.
- Demonstrate and follow laboratory safety and standard operating procedures.
- Perform proper collection, transport, processing and storage for hematology and coagulation specimens.
- Perform daily maintenance and routine testing on hematology and coagulation instruments.
- Correlate patient test results with health and disease states.
- Justify hematology tests as being reportable or requiring further testing.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they relate to clinical hematology and coagulation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines