||This is a clinical experience course related to the performance of hematology and coagulation testing under the supervision of laboratory personnel at an affiliate hospital. This course provides further investigation and study of the methods and techniques related to hematology and coagulation testing.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory safety techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to hematology and coagulation testing.
- Perform maintenance and calibration on hematology and coagulation analyzers and equipment.
- Perform hematology and coagulation laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot testing errors and unexpected test results.
- Evaluate specimens as acceptable or unacceptable for analysis.
- Correlate hematology and coagulation patient test results and theories with states of health and disease.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines