||This course furthers instruction and study in the areas of bacteriology, mycology and parasitology. It provides the opportunity to integrate theory with practice since it is part of a supervised student experience at a health care facility.
- Evaluate the importance of proper patient specimen identification, collection, transport and storage for microbiology specimens.
- Demonstrate laboratory safety and follow standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to microbiology.
- Determine suitability of microbiology patient samples.
- Identify bacteria using appropriate microbiology testing procedures.
- Correlate bacterial identification to disease or indigenous flora.
- Evaluate patient test results as acceptable or unacceptable to report.
- Interpret antibiotic sensitivity tests.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines