||This is a clinical experience course related to the performance of microbiological testing under the supervision of laboratory personnel at an affiliate laboratory. This course provides further investigation and study of the methods and techniques related to bacteriology, mycology and parasitology testing.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory safety techniques and procedures.
- Evaluate quality assurance and quality control as they pertain to microbiology testing.
- Perform maintenance and calibration on microbiology analyzers and equipment.
- Perform microbiology laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot testing errors and unexpected test results.
- Evaluate specimens as acceptable or unacceptable for analysis.
- Correlate microbiology patient test results and theories with states of health and disease.
- Comply with course and college policies and procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines