||This course covers the operational theory of the stern-mounted vertical drives and outboard gear cases. Gear ratios, upper housings, lower housings, inputs and outputs will be investigated. Common drive systems from outboard and stem drive are covered in this course. Identification, theory of disassembly, measurement, shimming and assembly procedures will be outlined in this course. Failure analysis is emphasized during this course.
- Display professionalism.
- Utilize service literature.
- Identify marine lubricants.
- Explain vertical drive operation.
- Outline OEM vertical drive history.
- Analyze vertical drive components.
- Explain vertical drive rebuild procedures.
- Outline safe work habits.
- Explain gearcase rebuild procedures.
- Outline vertical drive rebuild procedures.
- Outline gearcase rebuild procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines