||This course covers information on laws governing the use of public waterways as administered by both state and federal agencies as well as the National Marine Manufacturer's Association regulations. Students will learn the history of marine systems along with the identification of each type. The course also covers the manufacturers' service and parts literature used in the operation of marine businesses, emphasizing the service department.
- Exhibit knowledge of Minnesota watercraft boating safety laws.
- Identify sterndrive manufacturers.
- Identify outboard manufacturers.
- Identify marine nomenclature.
- Interpret marine nomenclature.
- Perform marine manufacturer identification.
- Identify proper marine manufacturers' literature for the product being serviced.
- Utilize marine manufacturers' literature.
- Identify marine parts systems.
- Utilize marine parts systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines