||This course teaches the repair procedures for the common stern-mounted vertical drive systems built by MerCruiser and outboards built by Mercury Marine and OMC. Complete drive disassembly, measurement, analysis, shimming and rebuilding will be performed. Failure analysis of components will be covered in detail.
- Demonstrate marine shop safety.
- Display professionalism.
- Utilize marine industry literature.
- Utilize marine industry special tools.
- Utilize marine lubricants.
- Analyze marine vertical drives.
- Rebuild marine vertical drives.
- Service marine vertical drives.
- Analyze marine gearcases.
- Rebuild marine gearcases.
- Service marine gearcases.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines