||This course teaches the service procedures necessary for off-road products (2-cycle/4-cycle) to repair charging and starting system components. Electrical principles are applied to test and troubleshoot complete circuits as well as components of each. Fundamental rebuilding principles and system analysis are emphasized. Safe battery testing and service are performed.
- Demonstrate shop equipment safety.
- Utilize shop literature.
- Explain battery theory.
- Explain charging circuit theory.
- Explain starting circuit theory.
- Describe charging circuit component's purpose.
- Describe starting circuit component's purpose.
- Perform charging circuit tests.
- Perform starting circuit tests.
- Perform battery tests.
- Display professionalism.
- Analyze starting system parts.
- Analyze charging system parts.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines