||This course is designed to provide the student with a purposeful occupational experience in the marine field. Each internship is an individualized experience. A training plan is created for each student in conjunction with the employer to provide experience related to the skills and knowledge acquired in the student's training program. Procedures necessary for new boat preparation, motor mounting, accessories, controls and instrumentation are practiced at the internship site. Additional skills from completed courses may be included in the training plan.
|| TRNS1015 AND TRNS1193
- Perform job-specific tasks related to previous training.
- Perform new boat preparation.
- Perform waterpump removal and replacement procedures.
- Exhibit professional behaviors of a technician worth retaining.
- Perform proper motor preparation.
- Operate boat according to the "rules of the road."
- Set up and adjust trailer to boat hull.
- Perform operability inspections on used boats.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines