||This course covers the many types of fuel systems used on current 2- and 4-cycle higher-end marine products. Most training will be on horsepower ranges above 70hp in outboard and sterndrive engines. The main focus is on larger carbureted and fuel-injected systems along with fuel distribution and associated parts of those systems.
- Perform fuel system component removal and replacement.
- Identify different designs of fuel systems.
- Perform fuel system repair and service.
- Demonstrate marine fuel system troubleshooting.
- Define fuel system components.
- Explain fuel pump operation.
- Perform carburetor troubleshooting.
- Identify different styles of carburetors.
- Rebuild carburetors according to manufacturer specifications.
- Test various oil pumps for proper operation.
- Explain fuel flow circuitry.
- Identify various fuel injection designs.
- Explain various fuel tank designs.
- Demonstrate fuel system safety.
- Demonstrate proper work environment professionalism.
- Demonstrate marine mechanical troubleshooting procedures.
- Demonstrate marine electrical troubleshooting procedures.
- Fill out a repair order denoting major categories as per manufacturer recomendations and listing the three Cs: Complaint, Cause and Correction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper boat care while conducting service procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines