||This course teaches the theory of operation and service of the electronic fuel injection (EFI) and direct fuel injection (DFI) systems used on sterndrive and outboard applications. Engine predelivery inspection and service will be outlined along with seasonal service, engine preparation and inspection. Students will focus on diagnostic procedures with and without the use of laptops and scan tools.
- Identify various sterndrive ignition systems.
- Identify various outboard ignition systems.
- Perform sterndrive ignition repair.
- Perform outboard ignition repair.
- Identify various designs of EFI and DFI systems.
- Diagnose EFI- and DFI-related failures.
- Perform engine mechanical system testing.
- Diagnose electrical failures.
- Diagnose fuel-related failures.
- Demonstrate proper engine identification.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines