||This course teaches the theory of operation and service of the EFI/DFI (electronic fuel injection/direct fuel injection) systems used on sterndrive and outboard applications. The student will also gain a strong grasp of high-tech ignition systems and propulsion control. Engine service will be outlined along with seasonal service, engine preparation and inspection. Students will also focus on diagnostic procedures to increase their troubleshooting skills with the aid of laptops and scan tools.
- Define EFI and DFI system vocabulary and meanings.
- Identify sterndrive ignition systems.
- Perform sterndrive ignition repair.
- Identify outboard ignition systems.
- Perform outboard ignition repair.
- Identify different designs of EFI and DFI systems.
- Demonstrate marine product systematic troubleshooting.
- Diagnose EFI and DFI related failures.
- Perform engine mechanical systems.
- Diagnose electrical failures.
- Diagnose fuel related failures.
- Determine serviceability of EFI and DFI sensors.
- Demonstrate proper literature usage.
- Compare various EFI and DFI systems.
- Determine electrical shorts.
- Determine electrical opens.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines