||This is a capstone course that will emphasize the perfection of skills acquired by the student during previous training in the marine program. While some new material will be covered, a majority of this course will be a review of earlier information attained but to a much deeper level than previously experienced. The student will focus on troubleshooting, repair and servicing products based upon simulated customer requests and complaints.
- Perform fuel and ignition system tune-ups.
- Troubleshoot operational problems.
- Perform electrical system setup.
- Explain failures related to symptoms.
- Verify proper component operation.
- Demonstrate effective test equipment operation.
- Replace faulty components.
- Adjust engine controls.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Perform fuel system testing.
- Demonstrate cooling system testing.
- Perform off-season lay-up procedures.
- Demonstrate charging system testing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines