||This course is designed to provide the student with a purposeful occupational experience in the marine field. Each internship is an individualized experience. A training plan is created for each student in conjunction with the employer to provide experience related to the skills and knowledge acquired in the student's training program. Procedures necessary for new boat preparation, motor mounting, accessories, controls and instrumentation are practiced at the internship site. Additional skills from completed courses will be included in the training plan.
- Perform job specific tasks related to previous training.
- Perform new boat preparation.
- Perform new trailer assembly.
- Practice safe rigging procedures.
- Exhibit professional behavior.
- Exhibit proper motor preparation.
- Operate boat according to "Rules of the Road".
- Adjust trailer to boat hull.
- Inspect used boats for operability.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines