||This course teaches the service procedures for advanced technology drive systems used in stern-mounted vertical drives. Dual-propeller drive systems, high-speed designs and heavy-duty drive systems will be covered in this course. Complete disassembly, measurement, analysis, shimming and rebuilding procedures will be taught and performed.
- Demonstrate marine shop safety.
- Display professionalism.
- Utilize marine industry literature.
- Utilize marine industry special tools.
- Identify marine drive systems.
- Analyze drive system parts.
- Rebuild marine gearcases.
- Illustrate proper shimming procedures.
- Estimate repair costs of damaged drive systems.
- Rebuild marine drive shaft housings.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines