||This course covers the disassembly, inspection of serviceability and the return of the equipment to the manufacturer's specifications or to a higher performance level. Included in this course is the analysis/diagnosis of the reason for failure and the prevention of future like failures. Students are welcome to bring in their own engines for this course.
- Determine failure causes.
- Repair or replace failed engine components.
- Describe engine mechanical testing procedures.
- Perform engine adjustments.
- Determine component serviceability.
- Perform component measurement.
- Troubleshoot runability issues.
- Disassemble engine according to proper procedure.
- Inspect lubrication system.
- Inspect cooling system.
- Service cylinder head.
- Perform engine noise diagnosis.
- Describe timing procedures.
- Perform timing procedures.
- Assemble engine according to outlined procedures.
- Analyze engine equipment data/symptoms.
- Install engine.
- Run engine and adjust to factory specifications.
- Classify engine oil ratings as established by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines