||This course focuses on the tuning, maintenance, diagnosis and adjustment of four-stroke outboard engines. Training will include multiple brands of four-stroke outboards and their related components. This is an excellent course to build upon for complete understanding of the four-stroke outboard.
- Explain electrical and ignition systems on outboards.
- Diagnose electrical and ignition systems on outboards.
- Explain four-stroke engine theory.
- Perform annual maintenance service.
- Determine serviceability of inspected components.
- Perform typical engine adjustments.
- Analyze valvetrain inconsistencies.
- Diagnose abnormal running symptoms.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines