||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6. This course introduces the principal topics of music technology: acoustics, computers, MIDI, digital audio, and tools for music production and scoring. Hands-on experience will be used extensively to enhance understanding. This course will serve as a springboard to further study and exploration of hardware and software tools for music creation.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the scope and variety of hardware and software available for music production.
- Respond critically to issues involving music technology.
- Engage in the creative process of music composition and arranging with technology.
- Articulate an informed understanding of the use of music technology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic acoustics.
- Understand the use and application of MIDI as it pertains to hardware and software.
- Demonstrate an understanding of digital audio.
- Engage in the creation of music arrangements with notation scoring software.
- Engage in the creation of a CD recording that involves digital audio recording, MIDI tracks, and loops.
- Articulate an understanding of current trends in music technology.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines