||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6F. This course provides class instruction in piano, building on the skills learned in MUSC 1114 Beginning Class Piano. Skills covered include major and minor scales and arpeggios, solo repertoire, ensemble playing, harmonization, transposition, sight-reading, chord progressions and chord realization.
- Develop creativity, intellect and emotional awareness through the practice of musical art.
- Encourage social responsibility through ensemble playing.
- Gain problem-solving skills and discipline through healthy practice habits.
- Articulate observations and ideas about music using appropriate musical language.
- Perform scales, arpeggios and chord progressions in all 24 major and minor keys.
- Harmonize and transpose simple melodies at sight.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 1. Effective Communication
- 2. Critical thinking
- 6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
« back to course outlines