||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6F. This course is designed to improve skills in two areas: 1) to recognize and notate tonal melodies and rhythmic patterns, and 2) to reproduce "at sight" what is notated. Must be taken concurrently with MUSC 2231.
- Students will progress in the skills of listening and realizing rhythms and melodies through the study of Western European musical tradition.
- Students will interpret music (i.e. intervals, rhythms and melodies) using stylistic conventions and techniques, including solfege moveable "do" system.
- Students will engage in keyboard skills of transposition and harmonization of given melodies.
- Students will aurally distinguish harmonic chord progressions, triad types, and inversions.
- Articulate observations, reactions and ideas to music study using appropriate musical language.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines