||Meets MnTC Goal 6. Individual advanced music composition and advanced theory discussion and lessons. Subject to instructor availability. Students should contact the music department to arrange instruction. Additional fee. May be repeated for credit.
- Create and develop a series of musical ideas using historical, contemporary and new musical idioms.
- Demonstrate the creation or ongoing development of a personal compositional voice and style.
- Understand and practice accepted notational systems and scoring for solo, small and large ensembles.
- Articulate compositional intentions and methods to others using appropriate musical language.
- Demonstrate a familiarity and appreciation of art and concert music post-1950.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines