||This course promotes the application of fundamental skills while providing holistic nursing care to a diverse group of patients. The course incorporates the concepts of quality and safe patient care, professional behavior, therapeutic communication and self-evaluation.
|| BIOL2267 AND BIOL2268 AND ENGL1101 AND NURS1400 AND NURS1406 AND BIOL2260 AND BIOL2261 AND PSYC2222 AND experience as a nursing assistant as guided by the generic ADN application packet AND current American Heart Association Basic Life Support AND current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check AND current, clear national background check AND up-to-date immunizations and health form.
- Model professional behavior.
- Describe own strengths, limitations and values in functioning as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a holistic approach to assessing changes in the health status of diverse patient populations.
- Utilize the nursing process to identify and prioritize care for diverse patient populations.
- Demonstrate basic skills of safe medication administration.
- Demonstrate effective strategies to establish therapeutic relationships with diverse patient populations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines