||This course promotes the application of fundamental skills while providing holistic nursing care to a diverse group of patients. The course incorporates the concepts of quality and safe patient care, professional behavior, therapeutic communication and self-evaluation.
|| BIOL2267 AND BIOL2268 AND ENGL1101 AND NURS1400 AND NURS1406 AND BIOL2260 AND BIOL2261 AND PSYC2222 AND experience as a Nursing Assistant AND current American Heart Association Basic Life Support AND current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check AND current, clear national background check AND up-to-date immunizations and health form.
- Model professional behavior.
- Describe own strengths, limitations and values in functioning as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a holistic approach to assessing changes in the health status of diverse patient populations.
- Utilize the nursing process to identify and prioritize care for diverse patient populations.
- Demonstrate basic skills of safe medication administration.
- Demonstrate effective strategies to establish therapeutic relationships with diverse patient populations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines