||This clinical course provides the professional nursing student with opportunities to utilize the nursing process in providing individualized patient-centered care to diverse patient populations. An emphasis on evidence-based nursing care and clinical judgment skills, personal identity and behavior, teamwork and collaboration, holism, patient-centered care, safety and quality improvement will be incorporated.
|| NURS1415 AND NURS1416 AND NURS1426 AND CHEM1100 AND BIOL2262 AND BIOL2263 AND experience as a Nursing Assistant AND current American Heart Association Basic Life Support AND current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check AND current, clear national background check AND up-to-date immunizations and health form.
LPN AND NURS2410 AND current American Heart Association Basic Life Support AND current, clear Minnesota Department of Health criminal background check AND current, clear national background check AND up-to-date immunizations and health form.
- Function competently within the scope of practice as a member of the health care team.
- Model professional behaviors within the legal and ethical frameworks for nursing.
- Provide holistic, patient-centered nursing care utilizing the nursing process.
- Interpret holistic assessment findings for diverse patients while integrating pathophysiology.
- Elicit patient values, preferences and expressed needs as part of the clinical interview, implementation of care plan and evaluation of care.
- Plan care for diverse populations integrating patient values, clinical expertise and evidence-based practices.
- Demonstrate competency in medication administration incorporating pharmacological principles.
- Explore continuous quality improvement as an essential part of the daily work of all health professionals.
- Demonstrate effective use of strategies to reduce risk of harm to self or others.
- Implement professional communication strategies that promote safe, effective care.
- Describe own strengths, limitations and values in functioning as a member of a team.
- Apply technology and information management tools to support safe processes of care.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines