||This course includes the study of the procedures, documents and techniques used in the practice of civil litigation, personal injury and family law. Topics for civil litigation include case intake, discovery, trial preparation, trial practice and post-judgment relief. Topics for family law include marriage, separation, divorce, annulment, adoption and custody.
- Summarize theories of tort law.
- Develop skills in the collection and evaluation of discovery documents for preparation and development of tort litigation.
- Summarize substance for tort litigation.
- Summarize procedure for tort litigation.
- Compare categories of tort law.
- Examine tort defenses.
- Understand the elements of negligence.
- Analyze the theories for damages.
- Understand how malpractice is related to tort law.
- Understand the theories of vicarious liability.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines