||This course is designed to introduce wellness concepts and provide the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a healthy physical, mental and social lifestyle. Students will actively seek to develop and maintain a balance of these elements through increased knowledge of appropriate activities including positive and responsible belief systems and choices. Topics may include anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, emotional/mental health, nutrition, fitness, weight management, drug use/abuse, planning and commitment to change. Course includes physical activity participation by students.
- Define wellness and one's own status relating to wellness.
- Develop evaluation skills for one's own wellness.
- Evaluate societal attitudes as they relate to obtaining and maintaining wellness for healthy living.
- Identify components of positive emotional health.
- Establish short- and long-term goals for lifetime wellness.
- Provide tools for stress management.
- Create an individual plan through lab exercises and studies to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
- Record the enhancement of physical improvement.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines