||This course is designed to introduce the student to the dynamic nature of sports management. Topics may cover sports within our culture, sports enterprise, communication, public relations and use of social media. Sport event themes will be covered and include topics such as amateur sports participation, for-profit sports participation, tournament operations and sporting goods.
- Acquire a baseline understanding of the structure and purpose of the sport industry.
- Develop the ability to apply business principles to the management of sport facilities, events and organizations.
- Evaluate the different options that exist to obtain a career in the sport management field.
- Discuss the current status and various challenges of sport at the recreational, youth, interscholastic, intercollegiate and professional levels.
- Analyze the impact of sport management in community wellness.
- Identify ways to integrate social media for sport promotion and management.
- Define sport marketing and its various aspects including marketing plans, marketing niches, marketing needs and advertising.
- Discuss management theory relative to planning, personnel planning, staff organization, leading and evaluating in the sport management field.
- Identify specific organizational aspects of game day and tournament operations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines