||This course will provide students with an introduction to the planning and management of sports facilities. Students will examine legal aspects of hosting sporting events. Topics will include security, liability, safety, maintenance, signage and operating facilities.
- Understand the concept of risk management and the significance of legal issues in the area of sports facilities management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operational structure and design of sports facilities.
- Summarize the Americans with Disabilities Act and its impact on sports facilities management.
- Evaluate facility safety and security practices.
- Discuss career options in sports facilities management.
- Explore facility types and equipment trends.
- Identify ways to use social media for facilities and event promotion.
- Develop an emergency and risk management plan.
- Identify the different departments and their respective roles in operating a facility or an event and how they interact.
- Develop an event and promotion schedule.
- Discuss the importance of public sports facilities including schools, arenas and community centers in relation to community health and wellness.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines