||This course introduces the student to the organization and function of the institutional, ambulatory and industrial pharmacy. Emphasis is on the duties and responsibilities of the pharmacy technician and the calculations required to accurately prepare patient medications for distribution.
|| Assessment into ENGL 1101 or college writing equivalent AND MATH0055
- Differentiate duties and responsibilities of a pharmacist and a pharmacy technician.
- Describe the practice of pharmacy law and ethics within the field of pharmacy.
- Explain and perform calculations within the field of pharmacy.
- Identify controlled substances.
- Interpret symbols and abbreviations used in the practice of pharmacy.
- Describe prescription labeling.
- Describe prescription filing systems.
- Explain pharmacy and drug history.
- Recognize and interpret ambulatory prescriptions.
- Explain ambulatory pharmacy and institutional pharmacy practices.
- Describe policy and procedure manuals.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines