||This course provides the student with basic physical and chemical drug properties and the functions related to purchasing and inventory control in the pharmacy. Emphasis is placed upon the theory, stability and safety of drug products, and the procedures required to develop and maintain inventory control.
|| PHRM1001 AND PHRM2001
- Demonstrate measurement of solid dose forms.
- Demonstrate measurement of liquid dose forms.
- Apply compounding calculations.
- Demonstrate compounding proficiency.
- Describe and compare oral and topical dose forms.
- Define essential medication stability principles.
- Describe medication storage environments.
- Define and compare routes of medication administration.
- Describe general medication inventory control.
- Describe medication delivery systems.
- Describe controlled substances inventory control.
- Describe and contrast various methods of reimbursement.
- Formulate personal resume.
- Complete practice interview.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines