||This supervised instructional experience in the clinical setting introduces the student to tasks performed by the pharmacy technologist.
|| PHRM2002 AND PHRM2004
- Interpret and prepare ambulatory prescription orders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient profile documentation.
- Develop ordering and receiving of drug inventory and supplies.
- Incorporate and apply drug monograph knowledge.
- Apply prescription filing systems.
- Apply drug filing systems.
- Apply the use of pharmacy references.
- Identify over the counter (OTC) medications.
- List pharmacy technician and pharmacist's duties.
- Apply calculations within the pharmacy field.
- Explore third party prescription processing.
- Prepare nursing home medication orders.
- Apply IV admixture compatibilities, stability and storage.
- Apply the use of IV admixture drug references.
- Apply law and ethics within pharmacy field.
- Perform customer service techniques.
- Apply prescription labeling.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines