||This course covers the servicing of the fuel pump, testing and servicing the fuel supply, the oil burner nozzle, basic oil burner controls, combustion testing and adjusting the oil burner for maximum efficiency.
- Demonstrate proper safety techniques and procedures.
- Indentify basic properties of fuel oil.
- Identify piping systems common to fuel oil heating devices.
- Identify common fuel oil heating systems.
- Explain fuel oil piping schematics.
- Explain fuel oil troubleshooting diagrams.
- Demonstrate proper troubleshooting techniques and procedures as applied to fuel oil systems.
- Demonstrate proper testing techniques and procedures as applied to fuel oil systems.
- Solve fuel oil system problems presented.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional work habits that will be expected in the field.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines