||This course provides the student with a technical understanding of hydronic heating system design. Topics include heat loss calculations and heating systems selection and design.
- Demonstrate appropriate safety procedures.
- Explain the operation of a simple hydronic heat system.
- Identify the components of a simple hydronic heat system.
- Identify various types of hydronic piping systems.
- Explain the operation and function of hydronic controls.
- Determine the function of an expansion tank.
- Demonstrate the point of no pressure change.
- Identify the concept of zoning.
- Analyze primary-secondary pumping.
- Demonstrate safe working practices.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional work habits that will be expected in the field.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines