||This course explores the role of the practical nurse. The core values of integrity, holism, caring, patient-centeredness, diversity, excellence and ethics are introduced. Curriculum threads including the nursing process, critical thinking, communication, documentation, teamwork, self-awareness and evidence-based practice are integrated throughout the course.
|| Acceptance into the practical nursing program
- Identify the seven core values and discuss their relationship to nursing.
- Define evidenced based practice.
- Demonstrate effective communication.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork.
- Examine personal beliefs, values and biases to gain and understanding of self-awareness.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in nursing process application.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines