||This course will introduce the foundations of nursing care for diverse populations. Curriculum threads including nursing principles and application of safety, asepsis and infection control, data collection, medication administration, perioerative care, patient comfort, fluids and electrolytes, nutrition, laboratory values and diagnostics, and the integumentary system are integrated throughout the course.
|| PNSG1200 AND BIOL2260 AND BIOL2261
- Demonstrate data collection.
- Identify the significance of diversity in health promotion, maintenance and restoration.
- Integrate safety principles of nursing care.
- Identify principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Demonstrate principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Explain the nursing care of perioperative patients.
- Demonstrate the nursing care of perioperative patients.
- Explain nursing care related to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration related to the integumentary system.
- Demonstrate nursing skills related to wound care.
- Describe principles of drug administration.
- Demonstrate safe and accurate medication administration.
- Demonstrate competency in basic dosage calculations.
- Explain concepts of comfort, rest and sleep related to health promotion, maintenance and restoration.
- Review nutritional concepts for health promotion and maintenance.
- Explain nursing care related to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration related to fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines