||This course focuses on nursing care that assists with promotion and support of the emotional, mental and social well-being of diverse clients within the scope of the practical nurse. Curriculum threads of coping mechanisms, stress and crisis management, therapeutic communication, mental health and illness, grief and loss, end-of-life concepts and cognitive challenges are integrated throughout the course.
- Identify aspects of psychosocial data collection.
- Recognize principles of legal, ethical, and safe psychosocial nursing care.
- Describe nursing care related to health promotion, maintenance and restoration of psychosocial integrity.
- Explore the psychosocial impact of life transitions for diverse populations.
- Describe nursing care related to health promotion, maintenance, and restoration of mental health disorders.
- Describe therapeutic techniques used with patients in psychosocial crisis.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines