||This course builds on patient-centered caring within the scope of practical nursing. The student will build on previously learned core values while integrating critical thinking, safety, quality and evidence-based practice to prioritize care of two patients. Curriculum threads including data collection, dosage calculations, pharmacological concepts, reinforcing patient teaching and documentation are integrated throughout the course.
- Demonstrate competency in dosage calculation at 100 %.
- Reinforce education regarding patient condition and health promotion.
- Collect data pertinent to the patient's physiological and psychological status while identifying the significance of diversity while caring for two patients.
- Utilize the nursing process in identifying and prioritizing patient care.
- Demonstrate competence in safe medication administration.
- Correlate patient medications with patient condition, evaluating potential side effects and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to implement non-pharmacological measures for patient comfort.
- Provide quality holistic patient-centered nursing care.
- Demonstrate safe, evedence-based nursing care.
- Apply theory of health promotion, maintenance and restoration to assigned patients.
- Implement therapeutic communication strategies.
- Implement principles of documentation accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines