||This course is designed to train the student in proper maintenance techniques for on- and off-road land-based recreational vehicles. Students are encouraged to bring their personal recreational vehicle(s) or use the up-to-date industry products that the college offers or both. Trailer maintenance also will be covered. This is an excellent course for getting equipment ready for an upcoming winter or summer season.
- Identify land-based recreational products and manufacturers.
- Perform product identification.
- Utilize manufacturer service and parts literature.
- Exhibit knowledge of Minnesota off-highway vehicle and snowmobile safety laws.
- Perform trailer maintenance.
- Perform off-highway vehicle maintenance.
- Perform snowmobile maintenance.
- Define proper off-highway vehicle operation procedures.
- Display professionalism.
- Demonstrate shop equipment safety.
- Perform motorcycle maintenance.
- Perform product off-season storage procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines