||This course focuses on the study of two-cycle engine technology. The importance of occupational safety, the use of shop equipment, measuring instruments and service literature, along with appropriate service department etiquette will be addressed. Two-cycle engine theory along with proper lubricants will be covered. All these will be taught and expressed with the PowerSports and Marine industry shop experience as a basis for study.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Perform basic service skills.
- Demonstrate safe use of shop equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Identify two-cycle engine components and operation.
- Identify lubes, sealants, and adhesives.
- Exhibit use of measuring equipment.
- Demonstrate use of lubes, sealants and adhesives.
- Identify measuring equipment.
- Interpret nomenclature.
- Identify fasteners used on power sports equipment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines