||This course focuses on the study of four-cycle engine technology. The importance of occupational safety, the use of shop equipment, measuring instruments and service literature will be addressed. Four-cycle engine theory along with proper lubricants will be covered. Students will compare the advantages and disadvantages of two-cycle and four-cycle engines. All these will be taught and expressed with the PowerSports and Marine industry shop experience as a basis for study.
- Exhibit safety and professionalism.
- Perform basic service skills.
- Demonstrate safe use of shop equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Identify proper fastener useage.
- Identify four-stroke engine components and operation.
- Explain the concept of valve timing.
- Exhibit use of measuring equipment.
- Demonstrate use of lubes, sealants, and adhesives.
- Demonstrate proper use of measuring equipment.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of two-cycle and four-cycle engines.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines