||This course offers a comprehensive view of overhaul techniques, diagnostics and post-repair inspections of modern chainsaws. This course also covers generator components and testing procedures. Students will test generator voltages and learn how to diagnose and repair generators. Students must have an understanding of electricity and electrical meter usage prior to taking this class.
- Practice safety and accident prevention in chainsaws and generators.
- Identify the principal components of a generator.
- Describe the basic operations of various generator systems.
- Discuss generator selection and ratings requirements.
- Measure electrical component consumptions.
- Interpret electrical terminology associated with generators.
- Discuss the difference of maximum and rated wattages.
- Identify various fuel delivery systems used on chainsaws.
- Articulate the importance of systematical engine preformance diagnosis.
- Recognize the necessity of proper engine component inspection.
- Recognize common engine failures associated with chainsaws.
- Demonstrate the proper procedures for disassembling and inspecting chainsaw components.
- Practice chainsaw bar and chain service.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines