||This course covers overhaul procedures on outdoor power equipment. Students will make adjustments for optimum performance, learn multi-angle valve grinding procedures and the effects of modifications on a four-cycle engine. The course will also cover electrical and engine troubleshooting.
- Exhibit professionalism.
- Identify the design and discuss the operation of lubrication systems.
- Identify the design and discuss the operation of four stroke valve train systems.
- Perform multi-angle valve job.
- Adjust engine governor systems.
- Adjust fuel system for optimum performance.
- Identify and discuss the purpose and basic operation of four stroke counter-balancers and decompressors.
- List and discuss the basic diagnostic procedures associated with four stroke engines.
- Adjust valve lash according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Understand manufacturer's safety systems.
- Perform customer service on power equipment.
- Verify different types of ignition systems and diagnostic repair procedures.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines